7.01.2011

Dude Being Dude

Dude and Squirt love nothing more than making each other laugh.  It's a mutual game, which is so endearing to us.  Today, Squirt wasn't paying attention when her older brother wanted her attention and so he replied with...."Hey fat face!  Look at me!"  I informed him that the term "fat face" was probably not the kindest choice of words, although it was quite laughable.


We put Dude to bed at 7:30 one night, given his 5:45am wake up time.  He comes downstairs after 5 minutes and says, "Mom, Dad, did you know it's still sunny outside my window?  Is it night time?"  We said, "Yeah Bud, it'll be dark soon."  He thought for a second...."But I only like to dream in da dark."


As I put Squirt down for her morning nap, I allow Dude to go into his closet and pick out his outfit for the day.  Below was today's choice that came from the "too big" section of his wardrobe.  He opened Squirt's door a crack, poked his head in and said, "Look at me Mom!  I look like a giant marshmallow!  AND I look like Buzz Lightyear!  Can you pllllease button me up?"  We decided (I decided) that a puffy winter coat and the sweatpants he wanted to add was not our best option for a 96 degree summer day.


Dude got a timeout one afternoon after a tired meltdown and went down for a nap immediately following. When he woke up he found me and said, "Mom, did you want to pologize to me now?"  I said, "Why would Mommy apologize to you?"  He said, "Well, you were kinda mean and gave me a big time out."  Little punk  And no, I did not apologize.   

Here are some cute Squirt shots having happy time in her exersaucer to close out this post. 


 Who is she looking at?  Who else...her big brother. 

 Who is she laughing at?  Who else...her big brother.

 I included this one because her two bottom teeth are somewhat visible. 

0 comments: