7.06.2011

Smiles, Courtesy of our Dude

"Hey Mom! What do you get when you do black, white, red, black and white?"  I have no idea bud.  What do you get?  "Silly Mom, you get fuchsia!" 

I bought a $1 fire truck plate for Dude and put it in the dishwasher.  Apparently, he found it because that night as I was tucking him in he randomly says, "Mom, you got dat firetruck plate for me and I wanted to tell you how nice dat was for you to do for me!"  Will he always appreciate me this much???

I'm trying to teach Dude our home address.  Hes almost got it, but our city, Centennial, isn't quite sinking in.  He calls is "Cendakota."   I think it's far too charming to correct him. 

I gave Dude a banana on our way to swim lessons.  From the back seat he exclaims, "Tank you God!  Tank you for dis banana.  It is soooo delicious."  Can you imagine the random smiles God gets from little charmers like my Dude? 

At dinner last night, Dude says, "I can't put my milk on my tortilla!  Dat would be apostorous!"  He meant "preposterous," a word Nana introduced to his little brain. 

Dude is ALWAYS talking to EVERYONE he sees in public.  That's not an exaggeration.  He doesn't always have something ground breaking to tell people about, so he talks "off the cuff" most of the time.  At Starbucks last weekend, he couldn't come up with anything brilliant, so he tells a group of 5 coffee drinkers...."Um, um, um....I have dese legs so I can walk sooo fast!"  That was all.  Out the door he went. 

0 comments: