5.10.2012

Hudson Gardens FUN


Some gal pals and I met at the Hudson Gardens last week (one of my favorite photography and picnic spots) for an outing. May is free, so we took advantage. Look at these faces.  My Dude is so often the only one with testosterone in the group.  Our little pal Hadley was there too, but had just been accosted by a sprinkler, so Mom was tending.  The kids had an absolute blast torturing the geese, throwing rocks, sticks, leaves and probably some goose poop into the lakes, hiding in caves, searching for and successfully locating tadpoles...you get the idea. 
 

Dude and Riley were matching.  Although I noticed that the boys in his class were teasing him about wearing a "pink shirt," so Tim informed me that this is the way of the world and we can longer open him up to this teasing by allowing the pink shirt.  Makes me wanna flick those little boys in the face.  But of course I won't.  Because I am 32 and they are 5.   

I exposed my baby girl to Oreos that day.  It wasn't the cleanest introduction, but she sure did enjoy it.  She loved her geese friends and barked at them.  We need to work on some additional animal sounds at our house.   


This is where the tadpoles were discovered.  Of course Squirt attempted (many times) to jump, head first, into the pond, and screamed her loudest scream when I forced her exit from the area.


Love summer and all that comes with it. 

0 comments: