9.09.2013

Miss Brook


2 weeks ago, on a Friday morning, I got an email from Brook's (Squirt's birth mom) mother that Brook was in town and would love to see us.  Tim was out of town and Dude was on his way out the door for school. Being that I'm the queen of planning and organizing my life, this threw me through a loop.  Well, a few loops. So much so that Dude went to school without his lunch and his photo form.  Luckily, school is 3 minutes away.  

I got in touch with Brook and we made plans to meet at a Denver park at 3:00pm.  She was in town visiting a friend at a Denver hospital and would head home that night.  I called on my girlfriend, Linsy, who was off that day, to hold my hand.  Literally.  And thank goodness she was available to do so. These visits are quite emotional for this Mama.  Tim's able to roll, but not me.  I held my diva princess close all day and just stared at her.  It was a reminder of just how blessed we are to call her ours. And what an amazing woman Brook is for making the decision she did.  It all just starts flowing back to me.

After 45 minutes of trying to find each other in a torrential down pour, we ended up at the library in Highlands Ranch.  Linsy and I picked Dude up from school so he could see her too.  We haven't had a face to face with his birth mom, so it's good for him to see Brook.  Squirt was more than charming during our visit and Brook smiled all the way through, just watching her.  She still wears the "R" necklace we gave her.  I love that we share something we wear close to our hearts.  We both love our little punky in our own ways. In only ways that a mother could.  

We hope these annual visits continue to happen.  For Squirt's sake and for Brook.    

0 comments: