9.23.2013

Run Dude, Run

For the 6th year, I took pics and manned the Food Bank table at the Panerathon 5 & 10K for my work. This year I had the brilliant idea to drag my 6 year old out of a deep sleep and bring him with me for the 30 minute drive to join in the festivities.  Not all my ideas are good ones.  This one included.  Dude was a zombie all morning and was rather bored with all Mom's "workness."  However, he did get a real kick out of the Kids Fun Run, sporting a beaming smile from start to finish.  And, bless his little heart, he sat on the curb with two hand clappers and cheered for every last runner/walked/limper that crossed the finish line.  The very last lady, heavy set and very tired said to him, "Bless your heart little love.  Thank you for cheering for me." He said, "Wooohoooo!  You're almost there lady!"

I'm lovin the pictures I got of him that morning.  The Harry Potter face paint was a total hit.










  

0 comments: