9.24.2013

Will There Be Trampolines In Heaven Mom?



Dude likes to talk.  A lot.  Like, a whole lot.  His little brain is constantly churning out new and intriguing questions that NEED to be answered.  One question typically leads to another.  And we're often shocked at how relevant and intelligent his questions are.  I had to pull over the other day to start writing down the questions that were being launched (like missiles) at me about heaven.  These are the moments worth pulling over for.  Our conversation (rather one sided as he didn't even give me time to answer) went a little something like this....

"Mom, can we talk about heaven?  It's so awesome and I have SO many questions about when I got there.  Does it rain in heaven?  I think the walls are covered in gold and crystals.  Will trains go over mountains?  Will it be a WHOLE Kingdom up there?  Will there be a King and Queen?  Will there be huge trampolines?  Will there be stores to buy things?  Will God be our chef?  Will my skin be white?  Will it hurt to cut my nails?  Will I get hurt when I fall?  Will God protect me?  Can I make crafts?  Will sharks be nice to us?  Will we know everything on earth?  Will there be monster trucks?  Will there be airplanes to take us to China? Where will the animals live?  Will the dogs be by us all the time?  If I jump off a cliff, will God catch me? Can God make me a blue puppy there?  Can I go to the beach?  What about daycare?  Is heaven its own planet?"

I stopped writing because we had to go home and make dinner.  That kid sure does love the thought of heaven.  He has no idea how much it scares me to think about him going there some day.  And why would he?  It's awesome.  Maybe I should start taking lessons from him.
   

0 comments: