9.12.2013

Our Sky Will NOT Stop Crying

As I'm sure you've heard if you're turned on your telly, we're flooded here in Colorado.  Rain like we've never seen in our 10 years here.  I mean, come on.  A couple months ago the state was ablaze.  We just don't half ass it when it comes to drama.  The rain started falling on Tuesday night and hasn't stopped since. Well, maybe 10 minutes here and there but then BAM! It's back with vengeance.  Our hood isn't too bad as far as standing water, but the closer I got to work today, the more dramatic it all became.  It took me 2.5 hours.  3 miles per hour the entire way there.  Why didn't I turn around and go home you ask?  Well, I did that as soon as I got into my office and realized my main highway was about to close.  Awesome.  Super productive day.

Some people are evacuated and stuck in their homes.  There have been 3 deaths that I'm aware of. Schools, businesses and roads are closed.  It's crazy folks.  Simply put.  The rain isn't supposed to truly let up until Monday.  We're hoping they're wrong about those predictions.  I'll let ya know.

Before the puddles became rushing rivers, the kids and I went out puddle hopping.  Between Squirt falling on her face in puddles three times and Dude's relentless urge to poop his pants, it was a lovely time.  Sorry, that's life with kids.  Gotta keep it real.  The photos show the enjoyable times during our little gallivant in the rain.


 Oh that pony tail.  Squirt's trademark.  


 Aunt Cara bought that dress for Squirt on her first birthday.  I'm so excited she can finally wear it.  The frog boot, pink frills combo was enough to make me want to eat her right then and there.  In a non-creepy way of course.    

 I love catching him in rare moments where he's not "over-posing."   

 Like this.






 Oh little lovey girl.  How I adore that face.

 And that one too. 


 This is the state of the parking lot next to my office.  Our lot is also flooded, but cars were not submerged, thank goodness.  Can you see the guy swimming to his car in the middle?  Can't imagine he was thrilled with what he found.

 This section of highway is why I was delayed for two hours.  Can't imagine why.  That poor sun of a gun made a bad choice now didn't he?

       Ahhh....a glimmer of hope for the masses.  For 5 minutes.  Turns out it was just joking. It was at least a reminder that God promised to only take this rain stuff so far right?  

0 comments: