12.24.2009

Blessed

It's Christmas Eve. Dad, Diane, Brendan and Steph are in town to spend Christmas with us. They just left for their hotel, the dude is fast asleep, countless gifts are stacked around the house waiting to be played with, my stomach is full and I'm feeling blessed. So incredibly blessed. I don't get mushy on this thing very often...I'm actually quite opposed to having mush fests, but this quiet snowy night is calling for it.

Christmas is filled with chaos and planning and cooking and spending wads of cash, but really that's all you need is to be surrounded by people who love you and care about you and love your kid and make him laugh and giggle uncontrollably until he lays on the kitchen floor and tells us to turn off the lights so he can sleep. Jesus came as a sweet baby boy and opened the door for us to love and be loved and know that we have heaven waiting for us. And that's pretty cool.

Between my parents being here for a perfect 5 day visit, Tim's fam here now, special gifts arriving at our doorstep and through text messages from Grandma V and uncles and aunts, we just feel blessed and loved. Thanks for stalking my blog and I promise to do my very best to keep you entertained until the next mush fest Christmas Eve post. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

0 comments: