12.15.2009

Last night's prayers

Every night, we put dude to bed and he squints his eyes as tight as he can (while peeking every few seconds to see if our eyes are closed) and says his prayers. We can no longer say them along with him as he has to do it by himself. Every night he throws in something important to his day - we look forward to this every night. Last night's prayers incorporated Dick's Sporting Goods and a few pages from his favorite book. It went a little something like this.

"Now I lay me, down sleep. I pway the Lord soul to keep. Bless Mommy, Daddy, Wylan, (pause).....the ball store, tacos, my spoon, and down once more but not so fast, on my way to bed at last. The moon is high, sea deep, we wock and wock and wock to seep. And all our friends and family. And fogive us for sins, AMEN!"

Another noteworthy Dudeism from yesterday....Tim picked him up from daycare, which is out of routine.
"Daddy, I want to see Gwen."
"Who's Gwen?"
"Gwen is Mommy. Daddy is babe."

0 comments: