8.03.2010

Check, Check

I was paroozing some of my favorite blogs and found a post of "stuff" that the Momma blogger intended/hoped/planned/dreamed of doing before the summer was over. This blogger listed over 90 "to do's," which is WAY over my mental capacity, but I figured I'd do a min-list that resides out there in cyberspace. I keep random notes around my world with "stuff" I intend to do, but you can guess how effective that method is. Maybe it'll inspire you to do something super crazy or inspire you stay far away from anally organized lists that dictate you days. I totally get that.

Here it goes. Hopefully I won't find myself deleting this post as if it never happened in September when I'm embarrassed to admit that 2 of them are actually complete.

1. Take the dude to a Farmer's Market and actually cook a meal using what we purchase.
2. Turn this blog into a printed book.
3. Take dude to an art class at our rec center.
4. End dinner with reading bible stories to the dude.
5. Enroll duder in another round of swim lessons (the same lesson he recently completed but didn't quite pass). If FUN was the passing factor, he TOTALLY would have moved up.
6. Organize a kickball game. It's all the rage ya know.
7. Bake an apple crisp and offer a piece to Maria (if it's edible) to prove that I do know my way around the kitchen.
8. Go maternity shopping for Brooke. And love every minute of it.
9. Mail one card per week to unsuspecting friends and fam.
10. Teach dude how to pee standing up (without needing to Clorox the walls every day).
11. Go camping. Without whining.
12. Go away for a weekend - without hubbie and child. This one was Tim's idea, just so you know.
13. Take dude to Pirates Cove for some crazy aquatic fun.
14. Pray. A lot more.
15. Chow on the balsamic vinaigrette marinated steak at White Chocolate Grill.
16. Make a birthday calendar so I'll stop wishing friends a happy birthday 6 months early.
17. Visit Nanna Eleanor.
18. List the big box of really nice junk in the garage on Craig's list.
19. Plan a girls night dinner with friends and have everyone bring a friend.
20. Invite someone new over for dinner.
21. Get involved in a Small Group again so we can keep faith in the foreground.
22. Come up with a game plan for baby #2's nursery.
23. Play with the dude. Every day. Before there's another kiddo stealing my attention
24. Teach dude how to do a somersault and maybe even how to hang for more than 2 seconds.
25. Go to library story time.
26. Finish reading the Twilight series.....I'm hooked.
27. Spot clean the spots in the carpet that we touch on a weekly basis, thinking it's a blob of dark fuzz.
28. Start thinking about our 10 year Anniversary trip.
29. Make dude a new playroom so the new teeny one can have a place to rest his/her head.
30. Mentally prepare myself for the fact that my baby is starting pre-school this month. I don't want to be that mom that's weeping and longing for my child to need me on the first day of class.

I'm gonna stop there. 30 things and over 30 days before summer sadly comes to a halt. Check check.

1 comments:

Amy DeYoung said...

I'm impressed with the list. Many of these things would make mine, if I took the time to make one - lol. I guess that means my list looks like this right now...
1. Make a list of the things I want to do before summer is over. :)