8.29.2010

Worth Jotting Down

We were trying to come up with a nickname for the baby and I suggested "peanut." Dude says,"Silly Mom. Dat's what I call my poop." We ended with "squirt," which isn't much better, but Dude seems to dig it.

I was kneeling down so dude could "tell me somefin cool." He could NOT get the sentence out. I said, "Spit it out buddy." and he proceeds to spit, directly in my face. He was confused as to what he was spitting out, but I got exactly what I asked for.

We parked at the store and dude shouted, "Mom, I see a wish!" I didn't get it. He got out of the car, ran up a grass hill in front of the car, picked a white dandelion and blew it, making a wish. Melted my heart.

Dude was running around in the sprinklers, minus his clothing. Suddenly, he's shouting, "Mom, Dad! I watering the grass!" I don't think I need to explain what he was doing. He thought he was rather awesome.

Kids have a way of offering a humbling picture of the things we say, do, express...stuff we're totally naive to. Dude's latest "Mom phrase" is, "Uhhhhh! Seriously guys?" And he says it right on cue when he's frustrated (or when he senses that we're frustrated).

Mr. Tim was mowing the grass across the street. He always pulls the mower behind him in-between rows. Dude was watching him, laughing. A few minutes later I look in the backyard and dude is walking around our yard, pulling his bubble mower behind him saying "I just like Mister Tim!"

0 comments: