8.05.2010

Art Class, Check


I've been working on the list friends. Dude experienced his very first art class yesterday. Thrilling, I know. He thought he was going to school and was the most excited about the bus that would take him home and the bell he thought would ring when he was done painting. Neither of those things transpired, but he did create a masterpiece (with a whole lotta help from Miss Vanessa). No, I wasn't the mom who crouched in the corner watching the entire hour. I did leave.

Not that we deserve kudos for waiting until Dude was 3 before doing this, but we have been reading bible stories after dinner (#4). It's become an incentive for him to eat a bit above the pace of a tortoise. A little white timer also assists with that issue.
And last, this Mama has been putting down the lap top and getting down on the floor to play as much as time can afford. (#23). When you're kid says, "Mommy, no computer time right now plllllease! You wanna play wif me now Mom?", you know it's time to step it up in the Mom department. We played Candyland and he totally caught on! He won. Fair and square. Of course he won...no matter how hard I try, I can not beat my child at a game meant for 3 year olds. We'll try Chutes and Ladders tomorrow. I've got a fighting chance at that one.
Side note...check out my latest photo shoot at gvcreative.blogspot.com. You'll get a kick out of Mr. Jack. He's my favorite little ham.

0 comments: