12.19.2010

Catch Phrases of the Week

* We're at the new dentist for Dude's first real appointment.  Dr. Brian comes in to chat with him about how many teeth he has and do the final check.  Dude says, "Scuse me Mr. Brian?  When I get to be a big and strong boy, I will come here to clean YOUR teeth ok?"  This was after Dude firmly told Nurse Stacy to inform Dr. Brian that he was NOT to move the "moving chair."  Dr. Brian got quite a kick out of my little man.  He was a total charmer and passed his first dental experience with flying colors. 

*Dude was going through the mail with me.  He opened our friend's, the Tebbens, Christmas card and said, Wow...I am imPRESSED!"

*We were in a rush to get dressed for preschool and Duder was lagging big time.  I asked him why he wasn't getting dressed quickly and he said, "Mom, I just need a little snuggle wif you and then I can be dressed."  How could I resist that request?  We snuggled for 3 minutes and apparently that was just what the doctor ordered.  He got dressed immediately following. 

*After waking up, Duder asked for his number candy (from the Christmas house that Santa's elves place candy in each day).  I told him that was for after dinner.  He then announced, "Well, it's time for dinner Mom!  Let's go to the table to eat!"  If only it were that simple buddy.

*Dude was bombarding Tim with questions at breakfast Sunday morning and Tim kept saying, "Sure bud.  Sure.  Sure thing Dude."  Dude finally responded with...."Dad, stop saying sure all da time." 

*We're in the car and Dude randomly says, "I have big big bright blue eyes!"  We said, "Yes you do buddy.  You have beautiful eyes."  He then said, "And God and Jesus GAVE me my beautiful eyes!"  Sweet stuff.  Yes, he did. 

*We were parked outside a house with a giant blow up Christmas penguin.  Ya know, the ones that kids love at night and think they died during the day.  Dude exclaimed, "Wow Mom.  That penguin is gorgeous!" 

0 comments: