12.18.2010

Christmasy Catch Up


There's been a shuffle of activity over here at Casa Voge.  We'll start with our Monday night Christmas night with the Sheas.  I really do worry about what my soul will do when they no longer live there.  It's like having family 32 steps from your front door.  For so many countless reasons, they bring happy to all of us.  We exchanged gifts with the kiddos, ate pizza, drank a good helping of wine and beer and Maria and I took all the kids to watch the "dancing light house" around the block.  It goes off every 30 minutes to a song on the radio....the kids think it's the BOMB.  As did Maria and I after quite a few drinks.  It was a super fun night for all.  Thanks Sheas.  Just love ya. 

Tuesday Tim and I had the church council Christmas party at a member's house.  Sounds boring?  It wasn't.  It was quite enjoyable.  GREAT food, great drinks (Jesus turned a whole lotta water into wine for this party), great company, pool, fuse ball...a much needed night out.  Wed morning was Duder's Christmas partaaay at pre-school, so he dressed up to the nines for all his lady friends.  And I must admit, he was a handsome, stylin little man.

 Ready to party, preschool style.


We went directly to our new pediatric dentist after the party to try again for a positive dental experience.  Our first choice 8 months back was NOT pleasing for any of us.  Dude screamed the entire time they pinned him down.  Mmmmm, wonder why.  I'm pleased to announce that dude LOVED Dr. Brian and Miss Stacy more than words can express.  He adored "Mr. Thirsty" emptying his saliva (a little too much), asked about 42 times if they were going to move the "moving chair" on him (which they did not, due to my warnings), he allowed them to clean his teeth, count them, get all the plaque off...I was shocked and so proud of my little man.  He had them in stitches with his high pitched socialness. 

Wednesday afternoon brought some hostile adoption news that has since worked itself out, so I'm not going to waste my virtual breath talking about it.  It's all good and we're praying that the bebe stays in for another 2 weeks.  It'll make the legal stuff a whole lot easier.  January 2 would be ideal little one! 

The Syers, soon to be a family of 5, had us over for a rockin' basghetti casserole dinner on Thursday.  Much needed friend time made us very happy campers.  Cara is about to burst, in theory, but baby boy has yet to make any signs that he's ready to enter this world.  We're all hoping soon!


Friday night was our very first Ugly Christmas Sweater Party at our friend's Lindsay and Brian's.  Dude was invited and I realized at the last hour that he had nothing Christmaseque to wear.  SO...I visited my dear and resourceful friend Lisa's house and found the outfit of all outfits for our little elf.  I'm proud to announce that he won 3rd place for best outfit.  Clearly, you can see why.  He had the time of his life in his knickers, singing his rendition of "Santa is Comin' to Town" as heard below, for everyone present.  He made friends with many of the guests, who kept him occupied most of the night.  By the time his head hit the pillow at 10:00pm, he was one zonked dude.  Oh yeah, Tim and I had fun too.  Thanks for the invite friends!

That rounds out the weekend thus far.  We're attempting a visit to Santa tonight and some ice skating with the Tebbens.  We'll see if Dude will step foot near, let alone place his little bootie, on the man in red's lap.  We'll be floored if the report is "yes."



 I didn't look nearly as stylin' as my boy, but the cotton turtleneck and sweater vest was quite a hideous combination.

Our sporty elf in his knickers. 

0 comments: