12.20.2010

Meeting the Big Guy



The Santa report is better than we expected it to be.  The car ride there was filled with Santa talk....how nice he is, how fun it is to talk to him, how cute the pictures will be etc. etc.  Dude was buying in.  I said, "Are you going to maybe stand next to Santa?"  "Yes, I fink I will stand next to him."  Then I said, "Will you sit on Santa's lap?"  "No.  I will not.  I will toot on him."  Ok.  We all concluded that standing would probably be in every one's best interest.

We did a little ice skating with the Tebbens, but Dude asked every 2 seconds if it was time to see Santa, so that ended quickly.  We walked into the Santa room, which was empty.  Perfect.  They allowed us to take our own pictures and not pay $23 for a 5x7.  Come on.  Santa's not that hot of a commodity.  Dude walked over there, rather, I carried him over with his head buried in my shoulder.  I stood him kinda next to Santa and surprisingly, he stayed put.  He reached his hand back to hold Santa's hand, but refused to look at him.  So, Santa had a heart to heart with the back of Dude's small head.  Dude told him that he had 5 boogers in his nose and that he wanted a big huge race car.  Done.  Santa was quite impressed I'm sure.

Note...Santa had eaten one too many gingerbread cookies, allowing no room for children to sit on his lap anyway, so it all worked out splendidly.  Next year's goal will be eye contact and no booger or tooting talk.  Small strides.  

0 comments: