12.04.2010

Giddy Friday

It was a giddy Friday yesterday.  Don't get me wrong, most days are pretty happy.  But it seemed like there was an overwhelming amount of reasons to do the giddy happy dance yesterday.  And so I'm sharing.

1.  Our tree is up, lit and decorated and it looks as quirky as it does every other year.  Charlie the tree warms our heart and Dude loves it. 



 Duder chose the same branch to hang all of his ornaments on.  We did have to relieve the pressure after the 8th one. 

 Not the most charming shot of the dude, but Tim looks cute huh?

 There he is.  In all his Colorado evergreen glory.


2.  Dude and I did a 2 hour Macy's shopping spree yesterday morning.  He did Grrrreat.  I was carrying out 4 bags and a self proclaimed "very grumpy" 3 year old by the time we left, but that's okay by me.  Oh....and I found out it was a 20% off your purchase day.  Cha-ching.  Love when that happens.

3.  I am (I mean "we" are) officially DONE with Christmas shopping.  D-O-N-E, done.  And half way wrapped as of yesterday afternoon.

4.  My wonderful sister-in-law finished up our canvas for the nursery yesterday - she sent me a picture and I started crying.  It's that beautiful.  I'll post a picture when it's framed in the room.  No spoilers.

5.  The Syers came over last night for some Firebowl (our favorite Asian cuisine) and kids Christmas presents.  Never know when our babies will make their way into the world, so we did it early this year.  More to come on that later.

6.  The nursery is just about done.  Minus a couple more details to hang on the walls, it's ready for bebe.  Sitting in it makes me happy and calm.  I sit in there a lot these days.


 A darling name poster will fill the frame after she arrives.

This chair equals giddy, in and of itself.  Come by and sit in it and you'll understand.

7. Dude and I had a blast at the park yesterday.  In T-shirts.  It was a balmy 65 degrees and he ran around the park like it was the first time he had seen plastic play structures.  He did fall, face first, off the big boy swing, but recovered after hystericaly screaming and yelling at the naughty swing for 3 minutes. 

8.  Last, but certainly not least,  Brook had an appointment on Wed and we got a report that she's doing great, gaining weight, the baby is almost 4 pounds already, heart rate is good, Brook is still very secure in her decision to relinquish, can't wait for us to meet this little peanut and papers are finally being worked up for Heath to sign.  OH....and they don't think she's going to make it to her due date.  Speculating a Christmas baby.  Yeah, that's like not even 3 weeks away.  Excitement is starting to set in friends.  I have my parents on call in case it happens before Mom arrives.  And we're starting to pack suitcases so we can be outta here in a flash.  This is really happening.

That's all the giddy for today. 

1 comments:

my.three.sons said...

You were glowing when I drove by you and Ry guy yesterday (coming back from the park). Now I know why! You are one blessed mama!