1.15.2011

Non Squirt Related Attention


My Dude needs some blogging attention.  He has been so very sweet and well behaved since we left for Wyoming.  We're incredibly grateful for that.....doesn't mean he won't digress when he realizes that Squirt isn't going anywhere and his grandparents are...but we'll take the sweetness for now.

Before Squirt entered our lives, Duder and I spent a whole lotta QT together.  He was quite impressed with his painting abilities on our new awesome easel from cousin D.  I was quite impressed with how darling he looked in his dad's t-shirt. 


Backtracking to New Years - we partied in style with our buds Linsy and Randy (and little Hadley).  We're proud to announce that we (I) made it till midnight-thirty with no whining.  That's quite a feat.  Of course there was plenty of Kinect playing involved.  I performed a rather mean game of bowling if I don't say so myself.  Granted, Linsy did win, but I was a close second.  Eat that boys.

 Dude rang in the New Year at 8:00pm with his day care adorned party hat.  He had no idea what it was for, but wore it with pride anyway.   

Randy struck a rather Popeye the Sailor Man pose for this shot.  He does actually have legs, although you can't tell from this pic.  And no, his guns are NOT that big in real life. 

My dear Mama came out on January 1 (in case Squirt came early) and subsequently was blessed with a whole lotta quality time with all 3 of us.  We did our Christmas with her, played, went out to eat...I was grateful for his presence leading up to Squirt, but she unfortunately didn't get the added benefit of seeing our little one.  THANK YOU Nana for being available for the Dude for 5 very crucial days while we were gone!!!!!  He was in perfect hands and we didn't have a worry in the world about his well being.  In fact, if given the choice, I'm pretty sure Dude would chose to live with Nana rather than us boring parentals. 

 Nana brought a moving & talking train for Dude's set.  To say he adores it is an understatement.

 This is the "Cubs" hat Nana picked up for Tim.  My Dad had to inform her that it was indeed a "Bears" hat.  I love that my Mom could care less about sports. 

 The first t-shirt Dude has actually cared about.  He wore it 3 times in the few days following.


We did get some snow round here as of late, so Duder and Riles got a kick out of throwing snowballs at our cars.  That was the extent of their snow fun that day.  Whatever makes 'um happy. 




During the hiatus between my mom leaving and Tim's mom arriving, our favorite Oma and Opa took the Dude hostage for a night.  Opa has a way of keeping Duder happy - more like ridiculously giddy.   THANK YOU to B&B for taking care of our little man.  We love you for it (and so does Dude!).


That sums up our days prior to the main event.  It's hard to imagine that was only a little over a week ago.  Amazing how quickly life changes.  And it's amazing how these little people in my world have captured my heart so fully.  I can't even comprehend life without these 2 little munchkins.  Oh so in love am I.  

 

0 comments: