1.30.2011

My 4 Day Wife

Ever wish you had a wife ladies?  I didn't - until my gal pal Amy left me on Friday.  She came to town to offer assistance to my newly babied self and also gave us the priceless gift of doing photo shoots of us and Miss Squirt.  Oh the pictures....I can't even begin to describe their beauty and charm.  Birth announcements will be ordered soon, so keep your pants on.

Amy ditched (I mean, took a much needed break) from her hubby and 2 little boys and helped me in every possible way while she was here.  Playing with attention needing Dude, feeding and talking sweetly to Squirt, making food, allowing me to shower AND blow dry my hair...she was the very best thing I could have asked for.  And I am so very sad that she's gone.  Despite both of our passion for all things photographic, we only mustered out one measly photo with the two of us.  



Things are going well at camp Vogel.  Squirt is sleeping like a champ at night and is pretty easy during the day.  The new formula has definitely made a big difference.  It's so easy to forget how much work this newborn phase is.  God makes us block it out as the years go by for good reason.  Duder is his normal spunky self...no extra special acting out taking place.  Yet.  He has us laughing constantly.  The things that come out of his almost 4 year old mouth.  Mind boggling.   My hubby has been a rock star dad and is extremely helpful and hands on.  Don't know what I'd do without him.

That's all for today.  More cuteness to come.   

 Our very first hand band bow, courtesy of our friend Kate.  Not the best shot, but she does look darn cute in it.  Thanks friend!

 Our little munchkins.  Dude adores his baby sis.  Can you tell?

My favorite super hero.  Minus the pants of course. 

1 comments:

Amy DeYoung said...

I've decided I need a wife too. So when you need a break, you just let me know. I love spending time with my wonderful friend and her beautiful family!! So blessed :)