1.08.2011

Our Little Reagan Hope



I know, we've kept ya'll on the edge of your seats.  My apologies, but we haven't wanted to take much of a break from staring at this little peanut.  Reagan arrived last night around 11:30pm via C-Section.  Brook was just not able to push this much larger than 5 pound baby out naturally.  She weighed in at 7lb 12oz and 18.25 inches.  She came out with a full head of brown hair...Heath, the birth dad, said is was "darkish, lightish."  After the section they brought her to the nursery and allowed Tim and me to go be with her.  We were the first ones to hold her and tell her we love her.  We spent about an hour in there while they did all their hospital duties.  Brook's mom, sisters, Heath, Kolbi and our Bethany caseworker, Kellie, all watched from the windows the entire time.  Brook's family was so in love with just watching her.  Heath signed his paperwork last night before he left and was a total trooper.  My heart broke for him.  Despite some bad decisions he has made, he's just a kid and he was totally alone last night.  He sat in that waiting room after seeing the birth of his daughter and had no one to talk to about that enormous experience.  I hope and pray that he finds someone to confide in. 

We got our room at that point and Brook's mom and sisters came in to take pictures with her.  They didn't stay long as it was already 1:00am.  We spent time with her in the room until 2:30 and put her in the nursery for a few hours so we could sleep.  Sleep was needed.  Not that I did much of it...my heart was racing 1,000 miles per second.  I think the reality of the day started catching up with me but I didn't have enough energy to really take it all in.  So we slept. 

At 7:30am I woke up and jumped up to go get my baby girl.  She had been bathed and had a little pink bow glued to her head...yes, glued.  Kinda strange, but she looks pretty darn cute.  She slept all night and has continued that trend much of the day today.  We sat around looking at her and talking to her most of the morning.  I took a little nap with her...just perfection.  Even changing her tarry poop filled diapers is sweet.  For today at least:) 

Brook saw Reagan this morning and signed her paperwork.  Without hesitation.  She has been so solid in her decision and has  not strayed from it.  She's a strong chicky and we have utmost respect for the decisions she has made.  We pray that down the road she'll be okay with all of the emotions that will undoubtedly start flowing. 

Brook's mom, sister and grandparents came to visit this afternoon and we're expecting Brook and Heath to come in soon.  Brook just came in to visit with us.  Tim is at the hotel showering, so I had a good 20 minutes with just us girls.  She talked a lot, which was awesome.  She looked at Reagan a lot and asked lots of questions about her.  I told her how proud we are of her and thanked her for taking such good care of her pregnancy.  She's our angel and I need her to know that.  We bought her a matching Tiffany necklace like mine with an "R" charm on it that she can wear to match me.  I got a big smile out of her, so I hope she'll wear it some day.  Shes just been handling this in her own very private way and that's okay.  Whatever and however she needs to do this is her call to make.  And we support whatever she decides to do. 

Our little peanut is a picture of health - no concerns at all.  God is so good.  Really, that's what this all comes down to.  He has a plan and knows what's around every turn.  We might have gone through a whole lot to get to this day, but what a glorious day it is.  Our baby girl is ours and is the most beautiful 1 day old we will ever lay eyes on (I can say that since Duder was 3 weeks when we got him).   She already calms to our hands on her little chest and I'm pretty sure I heard her say, "Mom" just now.  We're just takin it all in.  All almost 8 pounds of her.   

Thanks for following our little Reagan journey.  It's been a beautiful beautiful ride.    








8 comments:

my.three.sons said...

God is soooooooo Good. His plan is perfect. I'm in tears right now and rejoicing him for his faithfulness. We can't wait to meet your new angel. Much Love, the Perettis

Cara S. said...

Welcome to the world Reagan! We can't wait to meet you...Wes, Cara, PR, Brady, and Landon.

Rachel Rieger said...

What an absolute doll. We're reading the post together and are just so happy for you and thankful to God for his goodness through this plan

hartman said...

Love!!! Can't wait to meet her!

boschkp said...

Congratulations! Reagan is beautiful and a true gift from God. Your journey has been amazing and I totally admire all of you involved. Can hardly wait to meet your angel. Love, Peg

Sweet Home Colorado said...

Yay!!! We love little Reagan already!!! Can't wait to meet her!

Unknown said...

Shedding some tears of joy with you right now!

Love from all of us!

Maria said...

"I like your baby, she is so cute. She has a lot of hair.
When are you coming home? Love you bye. Safe travels" Riley Shea